Sexual Health Resources for Teachers
A series of lesson plans, videos and pamphlets that support and guide educators in sexual health education.
Teaching Puberty: You Can Do It!
Human Development & Sexual Health Curriculum Support for Grades 5 & 6
Lesson plans for grades 5 & 6 designed to be used as a support and guide for educators teaching the Ontario Ministry of Education Health and Physical Education Curriculum.
- Table of Contents
- Getting Started
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Puberty
- Lesson 2: Self-esteem, Feelings, and Relationships
- Lesson 3: Changes at Puberty
- Lesson 4: Reproduction, Ovulation, & Menstruation
- Lesson 5: Body Awareness for Boys
- Lesson 5: Body Awareness for Girls
- Lesson 6: Sexual Interference/Abuse Prevention
High School Sexual Health Curriculum Support – Health and Physical Education
Call Toronto Health Connection (416-338-7600) to be linked to a Sexual Health Promoter for curriculum support. Topics may include:
- Introductory Class
- Birth Control
- Sexually Transmitted Infections
- A province-wide free anonymous service staffed by professional, multidisciplinary, and multicultural counsellors who offer assistance in different languages.
For more information, visit our Sexual Health pages.
Teaching Puberty: You Can Do It! – Training Videos for Teachers
A series of videos developed by Toronto Public Health to prepare teaching grade 4 – 6 puberty classes.
Introduction to Puberty
- The First Session
- Boys’ Session
- Girls’ Session
- Sexual Abuse
- Questions and Answers
- Perspectives on Challenging Issues
To order, call Toronto Public Health at 416-338-7600
Grades 5 & 6
- Growing Up
- For the Boys
- Cramps! And what to do about them.
- Periods, Pads & Puberty
Grade 7 & 8
- Still Wondering About Puberty?
Expliquer la puberté : pas si sorcier!
Développement de la personne et santé sexuelle
Document d’accompagnement destiné aux enseignants des 4e, 5e et 6e années.
Nous tenons à remercier Santé publique Ottawa pour sa traduction en français.