Sexual Health Resources for Teachers
A series of lesson plans, videos and pamphlets that support and guide educators in sexual health education.
Teaching Puberty: You Can Do It!
Human Development & Sexual Health Curriculum Support for Grades 5 & 6
Lesson plans for Grades 5 and 6 designed to be used as a support and guide for educators teaching the Ontario Ministry of Education Health and Physical Education Curriculum.
- Table of Contents
- Getting Started
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Puberty
- Lesson 2: Self-esteem, Feelings, and Relationships
- Lesson 3: Changes at Puberty
- Lesson 4: Reproduction, Ovulation, & Menstruation
- Lesson 5: Body Awareness for Boys
- Lesson 5: Body Awareness for Girls
- Lesson 6: Sexual Interference/Abuse Prevention
High School Sexual Health Curriculum Support – Health and Physical Education
Call Toronto Health Connection (416-338-7600) to be linked to a Sexual Health Promoter for curriculum support. Topics may include:
- Introductory Class
- Birth Control
- Sexually Transmitted Infections
- A province-wide free anonymous service staffed by professional, multidisciplinary, and multicultural counsellors who offer assistance in different languages.
For more information, visit our Sexual Health pages.
To order, call Toronto Public Health at 416-338-7600
Grades 5 & 6
- Growing Up
- For the Boys
- Cramps! And what to do about them.
- Periods, Pads & Puberty
Grade 7 & 8
- Still Wondering About Puberty?
- Wondering About Birth Control?
- Wondering About STIs?
Expliquer la puberté : pas si sorcier!
Développement de la personne et santé sexuelle
Document d’accompagnement destiné aux enseignants des 4e, 5e et 6e années.
Nous tenons à remercier Santé publique Ottawa pour sa traduction en français.
Teaching Puberty: You Can Do It! – Training Videos for Teachers
A series of videos developed by Toronto Public Health to prepare teaching Grades 4 to 6 puberty classes.
Introduction to Puberty
- The First Session
- Boys’ Session
- Girls’ Session
- Sexual Abuse
- Questions and Answers
- Perspectives on Challenging Issues