Student Nutrition Program Grant Applications
- Grant Application form – Kindergarten to Grade 12 Note: there is only one application covering all age groups
- Program Menu Form
- Program Appeal Form
All applications will be considered for two separate government grants:
- City of Toronto Student Nutrition Program grant.
- Ontario Student Nutrition Program grant offered by the Ministry of Children and Youth Services. Information about this grant is available from the Ministry’s website in English and French.
Unfortunately, at this time it is not possible to award a grant to all qualified applicants or to all programs that received a grant in the past. Funding priority is given to student nutrition programs that have received a municipal and/or provincial grant within the last three years.
The City of Toronto awards grants to some school communities to help them offer a healthy meal or snack to their students. The goal of the grant is to help programs serve healthier foods and operate more days a week.
- Funding covers only a small portion of total program costs and is based on individual program needs.
- Most funding for programs comes from parental contributions and local fundraising.
To be eligible for a Student Nutrition Program grant, your program must:
- provide breakfast, snack or lunch to school-aged children or youth
- operate in a publically funded elementary or high school in Toronto, unless the program has maintained funding since 2007
Note: No new afternoon snack, lunch or dinner applications are being accepted.
Breakfast and morning meal programs in provincially designated communities must operate 5 days a week to be eligible for enhanced provincial funding. Other programs must operate a minimum of 2 days a week.
All programs receiving a municipal and/or provincial grant are required to meet certain funding criteria. These include:
- serve food according to the Student Nutrition Program’s Nutrition Guideline
- be open to all school-aged students, even those who are unable to pay
- serve foods that reflect students’ faiths and cultures
- submit financial and activity reports every month
- ensure staff and volunteers attend a Student Nutrition Program Food Safety and Nutrition workshop; always have one person on site when the program is running who has been trained in the past two years
The Grant Application Guide has the full funding criteria details.
Grant Application Resources
You can learn more about the grant by reading the following information: