Commitment to CARE
Seniors Services and Long-Term Care is responsible for service planning and strategic integration of City services for seniors.
The scope of services provided includes:
- Community support programs such as adult day programs, supportive housing services, tenancy supports and homemakers and nurses services for vulnerable individuals who reside in the community.
- Directly operating 10 long-term care homes which provide 24-hour resident-focused care for permanent, convalescent, and short-stay admissions; care, services and programs enhance quality of life by responding to individual resident needs.
We support Toronto seniors and people in long-term care to have the healthiest, most fulfilling lives possible through exceptional care and services.
An age-equitable Toronto with fully connected services for seniors and long-term care, enabling people to live with support and age with dignity.
We have identified these strategic priorities and key objectives we will focus on during 2022-2025 to fulfill our mission and achieve our vision:
Excellence in Care & Service
- Integrate our mandates with the goal of being a Centre of Excellence
- Create strategies to enhance current services
- Advance resident-centred care through CareTO implementation
- Execute on SSLTC Reconciliation Action Plan
Integrated Care & Service Continuum
- Enable easy access to a full continuum of care
- Incorporate leading practices
- Revolutionize IT system to enable seamless communication
- Attract, retain, and develop staff
- Evolve and embrace a diversified, inclusive, and equitable environment
- Establish a culture of continuous learning
Seniors Services and Long-Term Care believes in the CARE values:
We are committed to providing compassionate care and comforting support that values the strengths, needs and desires of those we serve.
We are committed to acting with integrity and to using City property, services and resources in a responsible, accountable and transparent manner.
We are committed to upholding resident/client rights and respecting diversity; by embracing our differences and supporting others we demonstrate fairness, inclusion and equity.
We are committed to providing the highest quality of care and service; through innovation, teamwork, customer satisfaction, best practices and working co-operatively.