Adult Entertainment Club Owner/Operator
- person who, alone or with others, possesses or occupies an adult entertainment club.
- includes people who lease or rent the club or premises where the club is located.
- person who manages, supervises, runs, or controls all operations of the club.
Individuals, partnerships or corporations
Individual applicants, partners, officers, directors and shareholders must be at least 18 years old.
Please review application requirements outlined below and complete any required forms.
Visit the Licence & Permit Issuing Office at East York Civic Centre located at 850 Coxwell Ave, 3rd floor as applications must be processed in person.
Note: As of June 3, 2019, applications will not be accepted unless all documents are submitted.
Preliminary Project Review for Business Licence
Prior to submitting an application, you must provide an approved Preliminary Project Review for Business Licence.
This is not required if an applicant is taking over an existing business that has a valid business licence or is expired less than one year prior to the time of new application (for the same licence category). However, you must complete and sign the Occupancy Declaration Form.
Original documents required for all applications (and renewal transactions).
Two pieces of government-issued identification (one must be photo ID):
- Canadian passport
- Driver’s licence
- Canadian birth certificate
- Citizenship card
- Permanent resident card
- SIN card (social insurance number)
- Valid work permit
- First and last names must match on all identification
- We do not accept Health Cards.
- Identification is required for all officers/directors listed on the Articles of Incorporation, Corporate Profile or Federal Form 6
All applicants must also provide the following:
- a business location/address
- a copy of provincial business name registration or signed franchise agreement
Corporations must also provide:
- a copy of Articles of Incorporation (Note: If there has been a change to the list of officers and directors, please also provide a current Corporate Profile Report or a Federal Form 6)
- the Annual Return for Corporation Form which lists all current directors & officers of the Corporation. This must be:
- original as copies will not be accepted
- signed by an officer/director of the Corporation. The Form cannot be signed by a designate of the Corporation.
If a director of the corporation is unable to apply in person at the Licence and Permit Issuing Office, a designate may apply on their behalf. The designate must:
- have an original letter advising of their signing authority on corporation letterhead, signed by a director of the corporation dated within 30 days
- provide two pieces of identification for themselves
- provide two pieces of identification for each officer and director of the corporation, or, if original identification is not available, notarized photocopies of the identification will also be accepted.
Criminal Record & Judicial Matters Check
Applicants must provide an original Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check issued by a Canadian Police Service within 280 days prior to the application.
A designate applying on behalf of a corporation must also provide a Criminal Record & Judicial Matters Check for each officer and director of the Corporation.
Applicants must obtain a liquor licence and provide a copy of the licence at time of application.
A business plan including the following:
- List with the names of all operators and entertainers providing services in the adult entertainment club
- List of services and fees
- Written contracts of service
- Schedule of hours of operation and
- Privacy and security plan regarding any cameras or photographic or recording devices installed.
A detailed floor plan, drawn to scale, of the adult entertainment club.
The floor plan shall include the following:
- The boundaries of any proposed designated entertainment area(s) and
- The location of seating areas, offices, cloak rooms, enclosures, curtains, DJ areas, kitchen facilities, bar areas, dressing or locker rooms, washrooms, storage areas, entrances and exits.
A list of managers – all are required to obtain their Designated Manager licence.
Staff will take a photo of the applicant, if a Sole Proprietor, at the Licence & Permit Issuing Office.
Staff will conduct a property inspection once a complete application is submitted.
The application will be reviewed by the Toronto Licensing Tribunal to determine whether or not the application should be granted.
Applicants are not required to take any further actions at this stage.
Your licence will expire annually on the anniversary of the date that the licence was first issued.
The renewal fee is $13,243.85
A renewal notice, identifying any documents required to renew the licence, will be mailed to the address on file.
Payments received after the licence expiry date are subject to late fees in addition to the annual licence fee.
If you fail to renew your licence according to the bylaw, your licence will be cancelled and you will have to reapply.