Adult Entertainment Club Owner/Operator
- person who, alone or with others, possesses or occupies an adult entertainment club.
- includes people who lease or rent the club or premises where the club is located.
- person who manages, supervises, runs, or controls all operations of the club.
Individuals, partnerships or corporations
Individual applicants, partners, officers, directors and shareholders must be at least 18 years old.
Apply in person at the Licence and Permit Issuing Office located inside the East York Civic Centre, 850 Coxwell, 3rd floor.
Original documents required for all applications (and renewal transactions).
Two pieces of government-issued identification (one must be photo ID):
- Canadian passport (photo ID)
- Driver’s licence (photo ID)
- Canadian birth certificate
- Citizenship card
- Permanent resident card
- SIN card (social insurance number)
- Valid work permit
- First and last names must match on all identification
- We do not accept Health Cards
Partnerships and corporations must also provide the following:
- a business location/address
- a copy of provincial business name registration or signed franchise agreement and
- a partnership agreement, or
- a copy of Articles of Incorporation (Note: If there has been a change to the list of officers and directors, a current corporate profile report is required.)
If the president, director or officer of the corporation is unable to apply in person, a designate may apply on their behalf. The designate must:
- have an original letter advising of their signing authority on the corporation letterhead
- provide two pieces of identification for themselves
- provide two pieces of identification for each officer and director of the corporation, or, if original identification is not available, notarized photocopies of the identification.
Applicants must provide an original criminal record/background check issued by a Canadian Police Service within 280 days prior to the application.
Note: A criminal record/background check is required for all corporate officers and directors.
Prior to submitting an application, you must apply to for a Preliminary Project Review for Business Licence (LPR).
Applicants must provide proof of $2,000,000 in Commercial General Liability (CGL) insurance.
A form certificate will be provided at time of application for your insurance provider to complete.
Original completed forms that are signed and stamped by the insurer by fax and email directly from the insurer.
A photo will be taken at time of application.
Applicants must obtain a liquor licence and provide a copy of the licence at time of application.
A business plan including the following:
- List with the names of all operators and entertainers providing services in the adult entertainment club
- List of services and fees
- Written contracts of service
- Schedule of hours of operation; and
- Privacy and security plan regarding any cameras or photographic or recording devices installed.
A detailed floor plan, drawn to scale, of the adult entertainment club.
The details on such a floor plan shall include the following:
- The boundaries of any proposed designated entertainment area(s); and
- The location of seating areas, offices, cloak rooms, enclosures, curtains, DJ areas, kitchen facilities, bar areas, dressing or locker rooms, washrooms, storage areas, entrances and exits.
Proof of property ownership.
Lease agreement indicating the property is being used as an adult entertainment club.
A list of managers – all are required to obtain their Designated Manager licence.
Staff will conduct a property inspection once a complete application is submitted.
Applicants are not required to take any further actions at this stage.
Your licence will expire annually on the anniversary of the date that the licence was first issued.
The renewal fee is $12,984.17
A renewal notice, identifying any documents required to renew the licence, will be mailed to the address on file.
Payments received after the licence expiry date are subject to late fees in addition to the annual licence fee.
If you fail to renew your licence within 90 days of the specified renewal date, your licence will be cancelled and you will have to reapply.