Here is a step-by-step guide on how to dispose of your waste at our Drop-Off Depots.
- All vehicles containing waste must report to the weigh scales.
- On entering the Drop-off Depot your vehicle will be weighed.
- Note: Disposal Household Hazardous Waste and electronics disposal is free, so your vehicle does not need to be weighed.
- Follow the on-site signs to drive directly to the Hazardous Waste drop-off area.
- Declare the items being disposed: Garbage, Recycling, Drywall, Scrap Metal, Tires, Electronic Waste, Yard Waste.
- A deposit will be required before you are allowed to dispose of your material. The deposit amount will depend on the estimated size of your load and the type of material.
- A minimum $40 deposit will be required for all loads. Accepted payment methods include: cash, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and debit cards.
- Staff will direct you to the appropriate disposal area.
- You are responsible for unloading items.
- Note: Personal Protection Equipment is recommended when disposing material at these locations. The City uses its best efforts to ensure that sites are clear of obstructions and hazards, and takes no responsibilities for damages to vehicles while on site. Users should consider Drop-Off Depots as industrial locations.
- After materials are unloaded, return in your vehicle to the weigh scales where the net weight will be calculated and the final fee will be applied.
- A weigh scale receipt is printed, a refund or additional funds are received to finalize the transaction.
Note: Vehicles containing separate loads of Garbage and Recycling must return to the weigh scales after each material type is disposed; if not, then disposal fee will be calculated based on the highest material rate.