To ensure the safety of residents and staff at Drop-Off Depots:
- A safe motorized vehicle is required to drop off waste for disposal
- Walk-ins, bicycles and manual transportation devices are not permitted
- All loads must be properly secured
- Any unsafe vehicles or unsecured loads will be refused entry.
- When entering a Drop-off Depot to dispose of waste, report to the weigh scales so that your vehicle can be weighed.
- Note: If you have Household Hazardous Waste or electronics, your vehicle does not need to be weighed (as these are free to dispose of) and you can follow the on-site signs to drive directly to the Hazardous Waste drop-off area.
- Declare the items being disposed of: Garbage, Recycling, Drywall, Scrap Metal, Tires, Electronic Waste, Yard Waste.
- A deposit will be required before you are allowed to dispose of your material. The deposit amount will depend on the estimated size of your load and the type of material.
- A minimum $40 deposit will be required for all loads. Accepted payment methods include: cash, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and debit cards.
- Staff will direct you to the appropriate disposal area.
- You are responsible for unloading items.
- Note: Personal Protection Equipment is recommended when disposing of material at these locations. The City uses its best efforts to ensure that sites are clear of obstructions and hazards, and takes no responsibility for damages to vehicles while on site. Users should consider Drop-Off Depots as industrial locations.
- After unloading materials, return to the weigh scales so that the net weight of your vehicle can be calculated and the final fee determined.
- A weigh scale receipt is printed and a refund is provided or additional funds are required to finalize the transaction.
Note: Vehicles containing separate loads of Garbage and Recycling must return to the weigh scales after each material type is disposed of, otherwise the disposal fee will be calculated based on the highest material rate.