Fees & Set Out for CIROs
- Collection frequency is determined by Solid Waste Management Services.
- There is no fee for recycling and once-a-week organics collection. These are included as part of your collection services.
- Approval is required by Solid Waste Management Services to receive premium Green Bin organics collection, which is more than once a week and subject to additional fees.
- All fees for Garbage Bin service and premium Green Bin organics service must be prepaid three months in advance.
- Two weeks’ notice is required for cancellation of service.
- Registered charities may qualify for a rebate of 40 per cent of property taxes paid if they meet eligibility requirements. Review the Property Tax Rebate Program for Registered Charities to see if you qualify.
- The 2019 rates and fees outlined below were approved by City Council on March 7.
Curbside Bin Collection & Front-End Container
|Front-End Container||per lift per yd³ (Un-Compacted)||$14.10|
|per lift per yd³ (Compacted)||$28.23|
Premium Green Bin Organics Collection
Set Out Time
Daytime Collection: Place items out before 7 a.m.
Nighttime Collection: Place items out between 6 p.m. and 9 p.m.
Premium Organics Service:
- 2 times /week – Regularly scheduled collection day + Saturday
- 5 times /week – Mon. to Fri.
- 6 times /week – Mon. to Sat.
Set Out Instructions
- Place bags or bins as close to the street as possible and 0.5 metres (two feet) apart.
- Containers must be clearly visible and accessible.
- Never place items or bins behind or on snow banks.
Note: CIRO customers registered with this program must use City of Toronto bins or Garbage Tags — available online and at Toronto Shoppers Drug Mart and Canadian Tire locations — for garbage collection.
CIRO’s must make their own arrangements for disposal or recycling of large furniture and appliances, electronics waste and yard waste.