- Collection frequency is determined by Solid Waste Management Services.
- There is no fee for recycling and once-a-week organics collection. These are included as part of your collection services.
- Approval is required by Solid Waste Management Services to receive premium Green Bin organics collection, which is more than once a week and subject to additional fees.
- All fees for Garbage Bin service and premium Green Bin organics service must be prepaid three months in advance.
- Two weeks’ notice is required for cancellation of service.
- Registered charities may qualify for a rebate of 40 per cent of property taxes paid if they meet eligibility requirements. Review the Property Tax Rebate Program for Registered Charities to see if you qualify.
- Registered charitable organizations in good standing with the Canada Revenue Agency may be eligible to have their Solid Waste fees waived through the Waste Diversion Rate Waiver Program. To remain in compliance with the program, organizations must properly sort their garbage, Blue Bin recycling and Green Bin organics being set out for collection. Questions about the program and billing should be directed to email@example.com.
- The 2022 rates and fees outlined below were approved by City Council on December 16, 2021.
Curbside Bin Collection & Front-End Container
||per lift per yd³ (Un-Compacted)
|per lift per yd³ (Compacted)
Premium Green Bin Organics Collection
Set Out Time
Daytime Collection: Place items out before 7 a.m.
Nighttime Collection: Place items out between 6 p.m. and 9 p.m.
Premium Organics Service:
- 2 times /week – Regularly scheduled collection day + Saturday
- 5 times /week – Mon. to Fri.
- 6 times /week – Mon. to Sat.
Set Out Instructions
- Place bags or bins as close to the street as possible and 0.5 metres (two feet) apart.
- Containers must be clearly visible and accessible.
- Never place items or bins behind or on snow banks.
Note: CIRO customers registered with this program must use City of Toronto bins or Garbage Tags — available online and at Toronto Shoppers Drug Mart and Canadian Tire locations — for garbage collection.
CIRO’s must make their own arrangements for disposal or recycling of large furniture and appliances, electronics waste and yard waste.