Fees & Set Out for Schools & City DACs
The 2019 rates and fees outlined below were approved by City Council on March 7.
Curbside Garbage Bin Collection
|Bi-weekly Curbside collection||$512.70 per cart|
|Weekly Curbside collection||$1,025.41 per cart|
Note: Collection frequency is pre-determined by City staff. You are not able to request bi-weekly collection if existing collection is weekly. Applicable only to curbside customers.
Front-End Container Garbage Collection
|per lift per Cubic yard (Un-Compacted)||$14.10|
|per lift per Cubic yard (Compacted)||$28.23|
Premium Green Bin Organics Collection
Once-per-week organics collection is included as part of regular service. More frequent service is considered Premium Green Bin Organics Collection and is subject to an annual fee.
|2 times per week||$407.10|
|5 times per week||$1,526.65|
|6 times per week||$2,035.53|
Note: Premium Organics Collection is only available to curbside customers and must be approved by Solid Waste Management Services staff.
Set Out Time
Daytime Collection: Place items out before 7 a.m.
Nighttime Collection: Place items out between 6 and 9 p.m.
Premium Organics Service:
- 2 times per week – Regularly scheduled collection day + Saturday
- 5 times per week – Monday to Friday
- 6 times per week – Monday to Saturday
Set Out Instructions
Approved front-end customers must:
- Unlock chains and padlocks on containers, ensure containers are free from contaminating items and open and secure service gates by 7 a.m.
- Ensure containers are in the approved location and position and not obstructed by other containers, vehicles, bulky items, etc.
- Monitor containers daily to prevent overflow problems.
- Ensure all containers are marked (e.g. R1, R2, G1, G2, etc.) Markings should be a minimum of six inches high and positioned on the front of each container. The owner(s) shall be solely responsible for maintaining the containers in good order.
- Place containers so that the slot/front of container faces the collection truck with the wheels locked.
- Check each container daily and remove contaminating items (any item that is not part of the City’s recycling program).
Approved curbside customers must:
- Place items curbside at appropriate collection times.
- Ensure containers are free from contaminating items.
Note: Damaged carts will be replaced free of charge for curbside customers.