Fees & Set Out for Schools & City DACs
The 2020 rates and fees outlined below were approved by City Council on December 17, 2019.
Curbside Garbage Bin Collection
|Bi-weekly Curbside collection||$543.46 per cart|
|Weekly Curbside collection||$1,086.93 per cart|
Note: Collection frequency is pre-determined by City staff. You are not able to request bi-weekly collection if existing collection is weekly. Applicable only to curbside customers.
Front-End Container Garbage Collection
|per lift per Cubic yard (Un-Compacted)||$14.95|
|per lift per Cubic yard (Compacted)||$29.92|
Premium Green Bin Organics Collection
Once-per-week organics collection is included as part of regular service. More frequent service is considered Premium Green Bin Organics Collection and is subject to an annual fee.
|2 times per week||$431.53|
|5 times per week||$1,618.25|
|6 times per week||$2,157.66|
Note: Premium Organics Collection is only available to curbside customers and must be approved by Solid Waste Management Services staff.
Daytime Collection: Place items out before 7 a.m.
Nighttime Collection: Place items out between 6 and 9 p.m.
Premium Organics Service:
- 2 times per week – Regularly scheduled collection day + Saturday
- 5 times per week – Monday to Friday
- 6 times per week – Monday to Saturday
Approved front-end customers must:
- Unlock chains and padlocks on containers, ensure containers are free from contaminating items and open and secure service gates by 7 a.m.
- Ensure containers are in the approved location and position and not obstructed by other containers, vehicles, bulky items, etc.
- Monitor containers daily to prevent overflow problems.
- Ensure all containers are marked (e.g. R1, R2, G1, G2, etc.) Markings should be a minimum of six inches high and positioned on the front of each container. The owner(s) shall be solely responsible for maintaining the containers in good order.
- Place containers so that the slot/front of container faces the collection truck with the wheels locked.
- Check each container daily and remove contaminating items (any item that is not part of the City’s recycling program).
Approved curbside customers must:
- Place items curbside at appropriate collection times.
- Ensure containers are free from contaminating items.
Note: Damaged carts will be replaced free of charge for curbside customers.