- Clearing ice and snow from the sidewalk in front of/adjacent to your home, private property or business helps keep neighbours and communities safer for everyone when it snows.
- As per the Snow and Ice Clearing Bylaw, all home, property and business owners must clear the adjacent sidewalk of snow or ice within 12 hours of the end of a snowfall.
- Home owners and property owners are responsible for clearing ice and snow from private property – including driveways, parking spaces, steps, ramps and landings – within 24 hours after snowfall ends to provide safe access for people and vehicles.
- The set fine for not clearing snow from public and private property is $105 plus $30 surcharge, total of $135.
- Please contact 311 to report a property owner who did not clear their sidewalk or private property.
The City offers a sidewalk clearing service for seniors and people with a disability who live in any area where sidewalks cannot be plowed.
Please download and complete the application form (below) and submit it to us along with the required documentation.
Already registered for the program? You will be automatically renewed.
If you have any questions about the form, the service or are unable to print the form, please contact 311.
Download the Snow Removal Application