Step 3: Getting Married
The offices at North York Civic Centre, 5100 Yonge Street, Scarborough Civic Centre, 150 Borough Drive and Etobicoke Civic Centre, 399 The West Mall will close at 12 noon on Thursday December 20 for mandatory staff training.
Limited service will be available at Toronto City Hall at 100 Queen St. West. Services are also available at other municipal offices outside of Toronto: City of Mississauga, City of Pickering, City of Markham and Richmond Hill.
Full service at all offices will resume on Friday, December 21 at 8:30 a.m.
The person marrying you will:
- perform the marriage ceremony
- complete the marriage licence
- have you and your witnesses sign the marriage licence
- give you the Record of Solemnization of Marriage (this is not an official marriage certificate)
- send the completed marriage licence to the province of Ontario to be registered
You can order a marriage certificate approximately 10-12 weeks from the date your marriage took place.