Energy Retrofit Loans
Through the City’s Sustainable Energy Plan Financing program, building owners can access low-interest financing to undertake energy retrofits. Eligible buildings include academic, social, healthcare, industrial, and commercial sector building, including privately-owned buildings and condominium buildings (not individual residential units), and not-for-profits.
Fixed-rate financing, for up to 100% of the project cost, is available at the City’s cost of borrowing, with a maximum payback period of 20 years.
To be eligible, projects must meet technical and financial requirements and include one or more of the following:
- lighting retrofits
- equipment replacement including chillers and HVAC
- building envelope improvements
- building automation systems and controls
- renewable energy projects
- energy storage
- other measures/technologies on a case-by-case basis
How to apply
- Complete and submit an Intent to Apply.
- Following a review by the City, eligible applicants will be asked to complete a detailed application, which includes:
- a detailed project summary;
- a feasibility or engineering study describing the technical and financial details of the proposed project;
- a project management plan; and
- a measurement and verification plan.
To receive an Intent to Apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.