Energy Retrofit Loans
Through the City’s Better Buildings Partnership, low-interest loans are available to help community-based organizations and not-for-profits undertake energy retrofits.
Approved projects will receive a fixed-rate loan at the City’s cost of borrowing with a payback period of up to 20 years.
Eligible projects, which must meet technical and financial requirements, could include:
- lighting retrofits
- equipment replacement including chillers and HVAC
- building envelope improvements
- building automation systems and controls
- renewable energy projects
- energy storage
- other measures/technologies on case-by-case basis
How to Apply
- Complete and submit an Intent to Apply.
- Following a review by the City, selected applicants will be asked to complete a detailed application, which includes:
- a detailed project summary
- a feasibility or engineering study describing the technical and financial details of the proposed project
- a project management plan
To learn more, or to receive an Intent to Apply form, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.