Energy Retrofit Loans
Protecting your privacy is top priority for the City of Toronto. You are seeing this alert because your web browser needs to be updated to access content on toronto.ca. You will need to download and install a more recent version of your web browser to use our website.
Through the City’s Better Buildings Partnership, low-interest loans are available to help community-based organizations and not-for-profits undertake energy retrofits.
Approved projects will receive a fixed-rate loan at the City’s cost of borrowing with a payback period of up to 20 years.
Eligible projects, which must meet technical and financial requirements, could include:
- lighting retrofits
- equipment replacement including chillers and HVAC
- building envelope improvements
- building automation systems and controls
- renewable energy projects
- energy storage
- other measures/technologies on case-by-case basis
How to Apply
- Complete and submit an Intent to Apply.
- Following a review by the City, selected applicants will be asked to complete a detailed application, which includes:
- a detailed project summary
- a feasibility or engineering study describing the technical and financial details of the proposed project
- a project management plan
To learn more, or to receive an Intent to Apply form, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.