Ever wonder . . . ?
Winner announced - 2012 Toronto Book Awards
Congratulations to Andrew J. Borkowski, winner of the 2012 Toronto Book Award for his collection of short stories, Copernicus Avenue. The announcement was made at an awards ceremony held on October 11 at the Toronto Reference Library's Bram & Bluma Appel Salon. Established by Toronto City Council in 1974, the Toronto Book Awards honour authors of books of literary or artistic merit that are evocative of Toronto.
We strive to profile the City of Toronto in a politically sensitive and positive manner, on a local, national and international level. Toronto Protocol:
- manages ceremonial events, visits, courtesy calls and study tours of dignitaries and delegations
- manages corporate awards and recognition
- oversees donations of official gifts
- manages flag-raisings and half-mastings
- issues proclamations, celebratory scrolls and letters of greeting on behalf of the Mayor and Toronto City Council
- organizes conferences, seminars and visiting delegations