The City of Toronto is pleased to offer residents, businesses, neighbourhoods and community groups a new weapon in the fight on climate change - Zerofootprint Toronto!
Zerofootprint Toronto is an innovative website that lets you measure your carbon footprint, see the impact of your lifestyle choices, and get information and tips to help you reduce it.
It combines a carbon footprint calculator with an interactive website that encourages you to join others in the fight against climate change.
At Zerofootprint Toronto, you can:
- Calculate your "carbon footprint" - the amount of CO2 you release into the air as a result of your everyday activities at home, work, and while dining, shopping and travelling.
- Get practical tips to reduce your footprint, and see the impact they will have.
- Customize the carbon calculator to reflect your lifestyle.
- Compare your carbon footprint with the footprint of others.
- Share and compare information and tips to reduce your footprint with others.
Go to Zerofootprint Toronto to register and get started.
Learn more about Zerofootprint Toronto.
Zerofootprint Toronto is one more way the City is empowering Torontonians to reduce the emissions that contribute to climate change, in support of our Climate Change, Clean Air and Sustainable Energy Action Plan. The action plan, which was unanimously adopted by Council in July, 2007, targets a reduction in greenhouse gas emissions of 6% by 2012, and 80% by 2050.
Zerofootprint Toronto is the result of a partnership between the City of Toronto and Canadian-based not-for-profit Zerofootprint.net.
Toronto's intention to partner with Zerofootprint was first announced during the C40 Large Cities climate change summit in New York City in May 2007. At that time, Mayor Miller challenged other world leaders to join the new web-based initiative and engage their citizens. Toronto is the first Canadian city to partner with Zerofootprint.
To learn more about the City's environmental initiatives please visit www.toronto.ca/environment.