Children’s Services – Customer Service Standards
Protecting your privacy is top priority for the City of Toronto. You are seeing this alert because your web browser needs to be updated to access content on toronto.ca. You will need to download and install a more recent version of your web browser to use our website.
The Children’s Services division is the service system manager of child care in the City of Toronto. In partnership with the community, the division promotes equitable access to high quality care for children and support for families and caregivers. An integrated approach to planning and management ensures that services to children promote early learning and development, respond to families’ needs and choices and respect the diversity of Toronto’s communities. Key services are delivered through the channels of child care delivery and child care service system management.
- Telephone calls from external or internal customers: Returned within one business day
- Emails: Acknowledged within two business days
- Wait time at Children’s Services district offices: No more than 15 minutes
- Online applications for Child Care Fee Subsidy: Processed within five business days
- Phone calls to the Application & Enquiry Office: Answered within two minutes
- Criteria visit scores: Posted on the City of Toronto’s website within 10 business days of the visit
- Parent Advisory Committee meetings: Held at every municipal Child Care Centre three times in the calendar year
- Service complaint: Follow-up and/or investigation about a municipal Child Care Centre starts within 24 hours of receipt of the complaint