Economic Development & Culture Divisional Strategy 2018-2022
The Economic Development & Culture Divisional Strategy 2018-2022 establishes goals and actions to support Toronto’s business and culture sectors – and ensure that all Torontonians can share the benefits of a vibrant economy and culture.
The Divisional Strategy’s four focus areas are:
- Equity and Inclusion
- Talent and Innovation
- Space and Access
- Operational Excellence
Download the Divisional Strategy and learn more about the five-year framework guiding the development of the Division’s programs and services.
Divisional Strategy Consultation Process
The Economic Development & Culture Divisional Strategy was developed through a robust consultation process with residents and industry partners. The Division heard from more than 400 participants who spoke about the importance of culture and economic development for their city. The insights and advice offered by consultation participants challenged and inspired the Division to develop an ambitious plan to achieve measurable, impactful results that support all communities across Toronto.
The Economic Development and Culture Division acknowledges the contributions of our Leaders Panel, which provided expert business and creative sector advice and feedback throughout the development of the Divisional Strategy.
- Councillor Michael Thompson (Chair)
- Janet De Silva, President & CEO, Toronto Region Board of Trade
- Sara Diamond, President, OCAD University
- Menon Dwarka, Executive Director, Etobicoke Arts
- Rania El Mugammar, Artist/Inclusion Educator/Activist
- Robert Foster, Founder, President and CEO, Capital Canada Limited
- Michael Kessel, President and CEO, Cleveland Clinic Canada
- Henry Kim, Director and CEO, Aga Khan Museum
- Julien Lutz (a.k.a. Director X), Film Director
- Heather Partridge, Area Manager, Chief Executives Organization
- Celia Smith, Chief Operating Offcer, TAS Design Build
- Andrea Stairs, Managing Director, eBay Canada
- Jesse Wente, Broadcaster, Advocate & Pop Culture Philosopher
Economic Development & Culture Division developed a Conversation Guide to inspire discussions about the opportunities and challenges related to business and culture in Toronto, and to inform the development of the Strategy. Learn more about how we developed the Strategy.