Equity, Diversity & Human Rights
Protecting your privacy is top priority for the City of Toronto. You are seeing this alert because your web browser needs to be updated to access content on toronto.ca. You will need to download and install a more recent version of your web browser to use our website.
The Equity, Diversity & Human Rights Division supports the City of Toronto in making its services, programs and policies responsive to the needs of Toronto’s diverse communities by providing expert advice to the City Manager, Council, divisions and employees.
Omo Akintan (Acting)
- Administers the human rights complaints processes for all members of the Toronto Public Service, members of Council and members of the public that use City services or facilities
- Provides expert advice so that the City meets its legislative and policy obligations related to human rights and workplace harassment
- Provides advice so that the City meets its commitments and strategic goals related to equity, diversity and inclusion
- Provides advice on building an accessible, equitable, inclusive workplace with a workforce that is reflective of the population that the City serves
- Builds the capacity of employees to provide accessible and inclusive services for service recipients, visitors and the public
- Implements key corporate and community initiatives to achieve service excellence