Municipal Licensing & Standards
Municipal Licensing & Standards provides bylaw administration and enforcement services, including targeted strategies to address graffiti, noise, business inspections, parks regulations and animal services issues. Services also include business licensing and permitting, property standards, and animal care including control, shelter and adoption services.
Policy & Strategic Support
Policy & Strategic Support conducts policy research, facilitates public/stakeholder consultations and drafts the intent of new bylaws, amendments and Council and Committee reports, as well as a range of strategic support and planning.
Investigation Services is responsible for ensuring that property standards are maintained across the city. The team:
- investigates property standards and other maintenance-related bylaws including long grass and weeds, fencing, noise, heat/vital services, graffiti
- co-ordinates remedial action (clean-up) on private property when required
- inspects and investigates contraventions of zoning bylaws
- administers the RentSafeTO: Apartment Building Standards program
Bylaw Enforcement is responsible for the enforcement of bylaws governing:
- Licensed businesses (vehicles-for-hire, tow truck, adult entertainment, body rub parlours, limousines, nightclubs, tattoo parlours, hair salons)
- Waste (residential and commercial)
- Parks, including dogs off-leash
- Illegal postering
Business Licensing & Regulatory Services
Business Licensing & Regulatory Services is responsible for the issuance of mobile business licences and stationary business licences and permits.
Toronto Animal Services
Animal Services promotes responsible pet ownership, encourages voluntary compliance with animal-related laws, pet adoption and pet licensing.
Animal Services also provides:
- shelter, care and 24-hour emergency response for domestic animal and wildlife complaints
- veterinarian care of stray animals, spay/neuter clinics, directing medical care for in care/custody animals
- investigation of dog bite complaints