The Pension, Payroll & Employee Benefits Division is committed to providing accurate, efficient and timely pension, payroll and benefit information to current and former City employees.
The division’s primary function is to:
- negotiate and secure cost effective benefit plans for the City
- manage and process 36,986 employees and 13,530 retiree benefit claims annually
- administer Collective Agreements for the six municipal unions within the City
- process the City’s payroll for approximately 38480 employees across the organization
- provide pension service to approximately 30,000 employees and 6,000 retirees
- provide exceptional customer service to those requiring benefit, pension or payroll information