Policy, Planning, Finance & Administration – Complaints & Compliments
A complaint is initiated related to a PPFA program, service or staff member, when a member of the public believes that we have not provided satisfactory service. There is an expectation by the complainant that a response or resolution will be offered.
A complaint may be lodged in many ways, including in person or via phone, mail or email. When possible, a complainant will be offered an opportunity for immediate informal resolution of a problem.
- Public Consultation: Tracy Manolakais, 416-392-2990
- Financial Management: Jenny (Ping) Dong, 416-392-5352 or Christine Dunkley, 416-397-4820
- Administrative Services: Lori Pace-Michaels, 416-392-7709
- General: Laurel Flieger, 416-397-4600
General email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Policy, Planning, Finance & Administration
100 Queen St. W., 24th floor, East Tower
Toronto City Hall
Toronto ON M5H 2N2
If an informal resolution is not possible and a formal complaint is lodged, there is a process of fact finding and investigation.
- A “Complaint Tracking Form” will be used to capture details of the complaint
- A tracking number will be assigned to the form. A copy of the first two pages of the form can be given to the complainant for their records.
- Contained on those first two pages will be a summary of the complaint, a timeline for response and a name and contact information of the staff person receiving the complaint. The tracking number from the complaint form should be referenced in any follow up communication with PPFA.
- PPFA staff will assess the complaint to confirm that our division is the most appropriate to respond to it. If it is determined that the matter should be transferred to another city division, our staff will contact the complainant to provide new contact information.
- If the complaint falls under PPFA’s responsibility, our staff will consult with all relevant staff to determine what has happened and identify appropriate action to resolve the complaint.
For initial formal complaint
- Within one working day of receipt in our office, the receipt of the initial formal complaint will be acknowledged in the same manner in which the complaint was made (i.e. a written response to a written complaint)
- Within three working days after acknowledgement of the complaint, the complainant will be advised of the tracking number assigned to the complaint, contact information within PPFA, and given an estimated date of resolution
- Within the estimated period of resolution, the complainant will either be contacted to advise that a resolution is ready to offer or that further time is needed.
Escalation to the Director
If the complainant wishes to escalate the complaint to the director level, acknowledgement must happen within one working day of receipt in our office and a time frame for response/resolution should be offered within one week.
Escalation to the Division Head
If the complainant wishes to escalate the complaint to the Division Head, acknowledgement must happen within one working day of receipt in our office and a time frame for response/resolution should be offered within one week.
- Once the complaint has been fully investigated and we can offer a resolution, our staff will contact the complainant in the same manner in which the complaint was made.
- If the offered resolution is accepted, the complaint is considered closed.
- If the offered resolution is not accepted and a request is made to escalate the complaint, a new time frame is negotiated and the same tracking number stays with the file until completion.
Last updated: May 2014