Due to the recent severe winter weather and fluctuating temperatures, the City is experiencing higher than normal claim volumes. As a result, acknowledgements from the City Clerk’s Office and ClaimsPro may not meet the target of two business days. We appreciate your patience.

If you believe that the City has been negligent in its maintenance of City facilities, roads, trees and sewers, which has caused bodily injury or damage to your property, you can file a claim against the City of Toronto.

What You Should Consider When Making a Claim

Any damage to your property can be upsetting and disruptive. However, it’s important to know that the City of Toronto is not your insurer.

If you have auto or property insurance, we suggest you consult your insurance company or broker first, for advice on how to deal with your loss. Your insurance coverage may be more extensive than what you can recover from the City.

If your insurer believes the City is responsible for your damages they may seek compensation against the City on your behalf.