GSR Vision and Mission
Our vision is to create a centre of excellence that promotes new approaches to integrated service delivery and exemplifies innovative partnerships, research and education. George Street will be transformed with a dynamic range of housing, programs and services to meet the unique and complex needs of homeless, vulnerable and elderly individuals in our community. The physical design of the buildings and the way services are delivered will intentionally create a more welcoming, safe and vibrant neighbourhood for all.
The George Street Revitalization project provides a dynamic range of housing, shelter, long-term care and community services in the downtown east. The centre will offer integrated and specialized programs and services through a new model that meets the needs of the local community, including vulnerable individuals and elderly men and women with complex needs.
- Partnership & engagement
- Service integration & housing stability
- Excellence & innovation
- Transparency & accountability
- Stakeholders are welcomed and will work with each other in a respectful manner
- Stakeholders are committed to developing a shared vision that supersedes any one group’s interest or mandate
- Integrated service delivery and housing stability are key elements of success
- All project communications will be open, accessible and timely