Below are bylaws, municipal code, legislation, policy and procedures relating to municipal elections and by-elections in the City of Toronto.
Bylaws & Municipal Code
- Election Signs, Chapter 693
- Electronic Financial Filing System, By-law #1178-2009
- Public Service, Chapter 192 Article V Political Activity
- Toronto Public Service By-law, Chapter 192 of Toronto’s Municipal Code
- Use of Languages, By-law #1176-2009
- Use of Voting and Vote Counting Equipment, Chapter 53
Policies & Procedures
Election policies and procedures are subject to change, check back regularly for updates.
- Code of Conduct for Members of Council
- Council Member-Organized Community Events Policy
- Councillor Expenses During an Election Year (section 4.7)
- Home Visit Pilot Program for Home-Bound Electors
- Use of Corporate Resources During an Election
- Use of Tabulators and Voter Assist Terminals