En français

Families must submit copies of important documents to The City of Toronto to verify eligibility. These documents can be submitted securely, through My Child Care Account.

Documents Required to Receive & Maintain Your Fee Subsidy

Review the list below to determine which documents apply to your family. All documents must be current and additional information may be requested.

You only need to provide one item.

  • *Notice of Assessment (for both parents)
  • Proof of receipt of Ontario Works or Ontario Disability Support Program (if applicable)

*If you do not have a Notice of Assessment, please contact Revenue Canada at 1-800-959-8281

You only need to provide one item dated within the last 12 months.

  • Lease agreement or notice of rent increase
  • Landlord letter which includes landlord’s name, phone number and address as this information may be verified
  • Mortgage statement
  • Utility Bill either Water, Hydro, or Natural Gas
  • Property Tax Bill
  • Cable/phone/internet Bill
  • Bank statement

You only need to provide one item per family member.

  • Canadian Birth Certificate or Canadian Passport or Immigration documents
  • Statement of Live Birth
  • Driver’s License
  • Certificate of Indian Status
  • Ontario Photo Card

You only need to bring one item for both parents if applicable.

  • Two most current consecutive payslips
  • Employment letter, on company letterhead, containing contact name, phone number, start date and weekly work schedule or
  • If self employed or corporate self employed, refer to the Self Employment Documents page

If you are self-employed, you must upload additional documents at each Eligibility Review.

Sole Proprietorships, Partnerships or Co-operatives must provide:

  • The T2125 Statement of Business or Professional Activities as submitted to the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) with your most recent income tax return or
  • If you are newly self-employed and have not submitted a T2125, you will be required to complete a Projected Statement of Business or Professional Activities Income and Expense Statement confirming actual & projected business earnings (Note: this statement will be provided and completed at your Eligibility Meeting)

Corporations must provide:

  • The Articles of Incorporation that show the number of partners in the business
  • Financial statements as submitted to CRA for the most recent fiscal year or if newly incorporated and financial statements have not been completed, an Income and Expense Statement confirming actual & projected business earnings for the current fiscal period
  • Corporate Notice of Assessment for the most recent fiscal year.

What you need to know if you are self employed and applying for a Fee Subsidy:

  • The T2125 Statement of Business or Professional Activities, Financial Statements or the Projected Statement of Business or Professional Activities (if newly self-employed or incorporated) will be used to support your declaration of self-employment and financial viability of the business.
  • To be eligible for Child Care Fee Subsidy, the business must be generating a minimum monthly gross income equal to minimum wage x 130 hours.
  • If your business does not generate the minimum gross monthly requirement, an exception may be made depending on the type of business.
  • If you already receive Child Care Fee Subsidy and we determine that your business is not meeting viability, you may be eligible for continued Child Care Fee Subsidy for up to three months while you look for work or register for school.
  • A letter from the school (i.e. high school, adult basic education) indicating the days and hours of classes each week, with the course start and completion dates. All school letters must be original.
  • University/College and/or Vocational students must include verification of full or part-time enrollment and school timetable verifying full or part-time enrollment.

If you or your child have extra support needs, provide a letter from your medical doctor/supporting agencies, a current assessment/other supporting documentation, or call 416-392-KIDS (5437) to request a medical form to be completed by your doctor or other social services professional.

  • Child Custody Agreement,
  • Verification of Legal Guardianship