Register your existing application for Rent-Geared-to-Income housing with your unique code*, create a new application or manage your account through MyAccesstoHousingTO.

If you have an existing application for Rent-Geared-to-Income (RGI) housing, sign up for a MyAccesstoHousingTO account online to:

  • maintain your place on the waiting list
  • manage your application
  • receive important updates

For assistance signing up, visit: Help for RGI Applicants

*If you have an existing application and have not received a code, call the Application Support Centre at 416-338-8888 or book an appointment at the Access to Housing Resource Centre. 

Rent-Geared-to-Income (RGI), or subsidized housing, is made available by the City to make rent affordable for households. In most cases, RGI rent is 30 per cent of a household’s monthly Adjusted Family Net Income (AFNI). The AFNI is determined annually using each household member’s Notice of Assessment (annual income tax return). If you receive social assistance, the rent is based on the rent benefit set by the Ontario government.

The number of people in need of subsidized housing exceeds the number of units available, meaning that wait times for an applicant to receive housing are significant. You are encouraged to consider RGI housing as a long-term housing plan, not an immediate solution to housing needs or emergency situations.

If you require emergency shelter, contact Central Intake at 416-338-4766.

Eligibility Requirements

Find out if you are eligible for RGI housing.

Priority Access

Learn how the City prioritizes applicants for RGI housing.

Applying for Rent-Geared-to-Income Housing

Apply and maintain your application for Rent-Geared-to-Income housing.

Housing Offer Process

Review the City’s Choice-Based approach to housing.

Maintaining your RGI Application

Keeping your place on the Centralized Waiting List.

Help for RGI Applicants

Get support for your RGI application.

Social Housing Map

View all RGI locations and building details.

Complaints & Compliments

You can provide us with your feedback about housing and homelessness services directly delivered or funded by the City.