Protecting your privacy is top priority for the City of Toronto. You are seeing this alert because your web browser needs to be updated to access content on toronto.ca. You will need to download and install a more recent version of your web browser to use our website.
The Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care sets, bills and collects ambulance fees that a member of the public may be charged after being transported to hospital by ambulance. You are responsible for an ambulance service co-payment charge of $45.00 for ambulance services rendered if the following conditions are true:
- You are a resident of Ontario
- You have a valid Ontario health card
- A physician deems your ambulance service medically necessary
- Your ambulance trip originates in Ontario and ends in Ontario
- You cannot claim an ambulance co-payment exemption