How to Apply
If you wish to be considered for an entry level career opportunity with Toronto Fire Services, you should first review the information contained on this page and follow the instructions and recommendations as detailed below.
Step 1: Review the Positions Available
Review the entry level position to review the duties and qualifications. This step will help you determine:
- which position is the best match for you
- what you need to do to in order to be able to apply for that position
You may also wish to consider attending one of our information sessions to learn more about our recruitment and selection process. If you are interested, continue to check the web events calendar for dates, times and locations of the information sessions.
Step 2: Apply
Applications are only accepted when a position is open.
- Click where it reads “Positions Available” in column 2 of below chart. This will take you to the City of Toronto “Jobs at the City” page
- Click “Current Opportunities”
- Select the Toronto Fire Services position to which you wish to apply
- Click “Apply Online Now”
- Log in to TalentFlow and create a profile if you have not already done so. If you’ve already created an account, use your username and password to log in
- Complete and submit the online application form
See the TalentFlow Support page for more details.
Before You Apply, Please Note:
- Familiarize yourself with the eligibility requirements of the position. Applicants who do not meet the minimum qualifications will not be considered.
- Be as thorough as possible when filling out the application form so that we can accurately assess your qualifications.
- Submit your application before to midnight on the day it closes. Applications are considered on the basis of qualification, not on a first-come-first-served basis.
- You can only submit one application for each position but you can apply to more than one position.
- All required documents must be dated prior to the date of application submission.
- All required documents must be submitted as e-copies when requested.
- All documents must be current and valid on the date of your application submission. You may receive an email to submit documentation at a later date.
- Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes.
- We will only contact applicants being considered for an interview.
|Positions & Qualifications||Position Availability|
|Operations Firefighter||No positions available|
|Fire Prevention Inspector||No positions available|
|Public Educator||No positions available|
|Call-Taker/Dispatcher||No positions available|
|Radio Technician||No positions available|
|IT Systems – CAD/RMS||No positions available|
|Quartermaster||No positions available|
|Emergency Vehicle Technician||No positions available|