Permit to Sell Fireworks Year-Round From a Permanent Location
Businesses selling fireworks year-round from a permanent business location are required to obtain a licence.
Who Can Apply
Individuals, partnerships or corporations.
How to Apply
Apply in person at the Licence and Permit Issuing Office at East York Civic Centre, 850 Coxwell Ave., 3rd floor.
Original documents are required for all applications and renewal transactions.
Include two pieces of government-issued identification (one must be photo ID):
- Canadian Passport (Photo ID)
- Driver’s Licence (Photo ID)
- Canadian Birth Certificate
- Citizenship Card
- Permanent Resident Card
- SIN Card (Social Insurance Number)
- valid Work Permit
Note: first and last names must match on all identification. We do not accept Health Cards.
Corporations & Partnerships
Corporations and partnerships must have the following in order to apply:
- a business location/address
- a copy of provincial business name registration or signed franchise agreement
- a partnership agreement
- a copy of Articles of Incorporation (if there has been a change to the list of officers and directors, please also provide a current Corporate Profile Report)
If the president, director or officer of the corporation is unable to apply in person at the Licence and Permit Issuing Office, a designate may apply on their behalf. The designate must:
- have an original letter advising of their signing authority on the corporation letterhead
- provide two pieces of identification for themselves
- provide two pieces of identification for each officer and director of the corporation, or, if original identification is not available, notarized photocopies of the identification
Minimum insurance requirements vary depending on the type of fireworks being sold:
- family fireworks – $2,000,000 CGL insurance
- display and theatrical fireworks – $5,000,000 CGL insurance
Applicants must provide proof of insurance.
A form certificate will be provided at the time of application for your insurance provider to complete.
Completed forms that are signed and stamped by the insurer can be returned to our office by fax or email directly from the insurer.
Applicants must be at least 18 years old.
Once You Are Licensed
Your licence will expire annually on the anniversary of the date that the licence was first issued.
The renewal fee is $2895.71
A renewal notice, identifying any documents required to renew the licence, will be mailed to the address on file.
Payments received after the licence expiry date are subject to late fees in addition to the annual licence fee.
If you fail to renew your licence within 90 days of the specified renewal date, your licence will be cancelled and you will have to reapply.