A holistic centre is any premises in which holistic services are provided or offered.
Please note: As per a recent Council decision, we are not accepting new licence applications from members associated with the following professional holistic associations until a full review of the regulations is completed.
- Canadian Examining Board of Health Care Practitioners Inc.
- Examining Board of Natural Medicine Practitioners
- Health and Healing Holistic Association
- National Certification Board for Natural Therapies
- World Peace and Natural Health Association
The Council decision does not affect current licence holders.
Individuals, partnerships or corporations.
Apply in person at the Licensing and Permit Issuing Office located inside the East York Civic Centre, 850 Coxwell Ave., 3rd floor.
Original documents required for all applications and renewal transactions.
Include two pieces of government-issued identification (one must be photo ID):
- Canadian Passport (photo ID)
- Driver’s Licence (photo ID)
- Canadian Birth Certificate
- Citizenship Card
- Permanent Resident Card
- SIN Card (Social Insurance Number)
- Valid Work Permit
Note: first and last names must match on all identification. We do not accept Health Cards.
Corporations and partnerships require the following in order to apply:
- a business location/address
- a copy of provincial business name registration or signed franchise agreement
- a partnership agreement
- a copy of Articles of Incorporation (if there has been a change to the list of officers and directors, please also provide a current Corporate Profile Report)
If the president, director or officer of the corporation is unable to apply in person at the Licencing and Permit Issuing Office, a designate may apply on their behalf. The designate must:
- have an original letter advising of their signing authority on the corporation letterhead
- provide two pieces of identification for themselves
- provide two pieces of identification for each officer and director of the corporation, or, if original identification is not available, notarized photocopies of the identification
Applicants must provide an original Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check issued by a Canadian Police Service within 280 days prior to the application.
After November 1st, 2018, under Province’s Police Record Checks Reform Act, 2015, Municipal Licensing and Standards will require “Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Checks” for all applications and renewals. “Criminal Record Checks” will not be accepted.
Applicants must be at least 18 years old.
A photo of the applicant will be taken at the time of application.
Prior to submitting an application, applicants must apply for a Preliminary Project Review for Business Licence (LPR).
Applicants must provide proof of a minimum of $1,000,000 in Commercial General Liability (CGL) insurance against loss or damage resulting from bodily injury to or the death of one or more persons, or from loss or damage to property resulting from any one accident.
A form certificate will be provided at time of application for your insurance provider to complete.
Completed forms that are signed and stamped by the insurer and returned to our office by fax or email directly from the insurer, will be accepted.
Owner to provide their Holistic Practitioner Licence for verification.
A list of holistic practitioners which will work with the holistic centre to be provided.
A list of services provided by the centre and their rates to be provided.
A list of managers who work at the holistic centre to be provided.
Every applicant for a holistic centre owner’s licence:
- shall hold a valid holistic practitioner’s licence, or
- in the case of a corporation, the officers and directors of the corporation shall hold valid holistic practitioners’ licences
The Holistic Centre Property Use Form must be signed by the property owner/landlord and must be notarized.
All details on the form, including address and unit number, must match those found on the business licence application.
A form will be provided at time of application.
After an application is made, the applicant will be provided with a patient record form.
A floor plan of the premises, detailing the use of each room/area.
Staff will conduct a property inspection once a complete application is submitted.
Applicants are not required to take any further actions at this stage.
Your licence will expire annually on the anniversary of the date that the licence was first issued.
The renewal fee is $154.22.
A renewal notice, identifying any documents required to renew the licence, will be mailed to the address on file.
Payments received after the licence expiry date are subject to late fees in addition to the annual licence fee.
If you fail to renew your licence within 90 days of the specified renewal date, your licence will be cancelled and you will have to reapply.