A holistic centre is any premises in which holistic services are provided or offered.
Please note: As per a recent Council decision, we are not accepting new licence applications from members associated with the following professional holistic associations until a full review of the regulations is completed.
- Canadian Examining Board of Health Care Practitioners Inc.
- Examining Board of Natural Medicine Practitioners
- Health and Healing Holistic Association
- National Certification Board for Natural Therapies
- World Peace and Natural Health Association
The Council decision does not affect current licence holders.
Individuals, partnerships or corporations.
Applicants must be at least 18 years old.
Please review application requirements outlined below and complete any required forms.
Visit the Licence & Permit Issuing Office at East York Civic Centre located at 850 Coxwell Ave, 3rd floor as applications must be processed in person.
Note: As of June 3, 2019, applications will not be accepted unless all documents are submitted.
Preliminary Project Review for Business Licence
Prior to submitting an application, you must provide an approved Preliminary Project Review for Business Licence.
This is not required if an applicant is taking over an existing business that has a valid business licence or is expired less than one year prior to the time of new application (for the same licence category). However, you must complete and sign the Occupancy Declaration Form.
Original documents required for all applications (and renewal transactions).
Include two pieces of government-issued identification (one must be photo ID):
- Canadian Passport
- Driver’s Licence
- Canadian Birth Certificate
- Citizenship Card
- Permanent Resident Card
- SIN Card (Social Insurance Number)
- Valid Work Permit
- First and last names must match on all identification.
- We do not accept Health Cards.
All applicants must also provide the following:
- a business location/address
- a copy of provincial business name registration or signed franchise agreement
- completed Holistic Centre Operating Information form
Corporations must also provide:
- a copy of Articles of Incorporation (Note: If there has been a change to the list of officers and directors, please also provide a current Corporate Profile Report or a Federal Form 6)
- the Annual Return for Corporation Form which lists all current directors & officers of the Corporation. This must be:
- original as copies will not be accepted
- signed by an officer/director of the Corporation. The Form cannot be signed by a designate of the Corporation.
If a director of the corporation is unable to apply in person at the Licence and Permit Issuing Office, a designate may apply on their behalf. The designate must:
- have an original letter advising of their signing authority on corporation letterhead, signed by a director of the corporation dated within 30 days
- provide two pieces of identification for themselves
- provide two pieces of identification for each officer and director of the corporation, or, if original identification is not available, notarized photocopies of the identification will also be accepted.
Criminal Record & Judicial Matters Check
Applicants must provide an original Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check issued by a Canadian Police Service within 280 days prior to the application.
A designate applying on behalf of a corporation must also provide a Criminal Record & Judicial Matters Check for each officer and director of the Corporation.
Applicants must provide proof of $1,000,000 in Commercial General Liability (CGL) insurance.
The completed form must be signed and stamped by the insurer.
Owner/Officer Must be a Licensed Holistic Practitioner
Every applicant for a holistic centre owner’s licence:
- shall hold a valid holistic practitioner’s licence, or
- in the case of a corporation, the officers and directors of the corporation shall hold valid holistic practitioners’ licences
Acknowledgement of Property Use
The Holistic Centre Property Use Form must be signed by the property owner/landlord and must be notarized.
All details on the form, including address and unit number, must match those found on the business licence application.
A floor plan of the premises, detailing the use of each room/area.
Staff will take a photo of the applicant, if a Sole Proprietor, at the Licence and Permit Issuing Office.
After an application is made, the applicant will be provided with a patient record form.
Staff will conduct a property inspection once a complete application is submitted.
Applicants are not required to take any further actions at this stage.
Your licence will expire annually on the anniversary of the date that the licence was first issued.
The renewal fee is $154.22.
A renewal notice, identifying any documents required to renew the licence, will be mailed to the address on file.
Payments received after the licence expiry date are subject to late fees in addition to the annual licence fee.
If you fail to renew your licence according to the bylaw, your licence will be cancelled and you will have to reapply.