Holistic Practitioners are individuals who work in a holistic centre providing a variety of services for medical or therapeutic treatment. Holistic practitioners must be registered in Ontario.
Please note: As per a recent Council decision, we are not accepting new licence applications from members associated with the following professional holistic associations until a full review of the regulations is completed.
- Canadian Examining Board of Health Care Practitioners Inc.
- Examining Board of Natural Medicine Practitioners
- Health and Healing Holistic Association
- National Certification Board for Natural Therapies
- World Peace and Natural Health Association
The Council decision does not affect current licence holders.
Individuals can apply.
Minimum Age to Hold a Licence
Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
Please review application requirements outlined below and complete any required forms.
Visit the Licence & Permit Issuing Office at East York Civic Centre located at 850 Coxwell Ave, 3rd floor as applications must be processed in person.
Note: As of June 3, 2019, applications will not be accepted unless all documents are submitted.
Original documents required for all applications and renewal transactions.
Include two pieces of government-issued identification (one must be photo ID):
- Canadian Passport
- Driver’s Licence
- Canadian Birth Certificate
- Citizenship Card
- Permanent Resident Card
- SIN Card (Social Insurance Number)
- Valid Work Permit
- First and last names must match on all identification.
- We do not accept Health Cards.
Criminal Record & Judicial Matters Check
Applicants must provide an original Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check issued by a Canadian Police Service within 280 days prior to the application.
Holistic Association Membership
An original membership letter or certificate from an approved Holistic Association listed in Toronto Municipal Code TMC Chapter 545 (Appendix L).
The membership letter or certificate must include:
- the name and membership number (if applicable) of the applicant
- the holistic modality or modalities practiced by the applicant
- that the applicant is a member in good standing of the association as of the application date
Staff will take a photo of the applicant at the Licence & Permit Issuing Office.
Your licence will expire annually on the anniversary of the date that the licence was first issued.
The renewal fee is $199.82.
A renewal notice, identifying any documents required to renew the licence, will be mailed to the address on file.
Payments received after the licence expiry date are subject to late fees in addition to the annual licence fee.
If you fail to renew your licence according to the bylaw, your licence will be cancelled and you will have to reapply.