Holistic Practitioners are individuals who work in a holistic centre providing a variety of services for medical or therapeutic treatment. Holistic practitioners must be registered in Ontario.
Please note: As per a recent Council decision, we are not accepting new licence applications from members associated with the following professional holistic associations until a full review of the regulations is completed.
- Canadian Examining Board of Health Care Practitioners Inc.
- Examining Board of Natural Medicine Practitioners
- Health and Healing Holistic Association
- National Certification Board for Natural Therapies
- World Peace and Natural Health Association
The Council decision does not affect current licence holders.
Individuals can apply.
Apply in person at the Licence and Permit Issuing Office located inside the East York Civic Centre, 850 Coxwell Ave., 3rd floor.
Original documents required for all applications and renewal transactions.
Include two pieces of government-issued identification (one must be photo ID):
- Canadian Passport (photo ID)
- Driver’s Licence (photo ID)
- Canadian Birth Certificate
- Citizenship Card
- Permanent Resident Card
- SIN Card (Social Insurance Number)
- valid Work Permit
Note: first and last names must match on all identification. We do not accept Health Cards.
Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
Applicants must provide an original criminal record/background check issued by a Canadian Police Service within 280 days prior to the application.
A photo of the applicant will be taken at the time of application.
An original membership certificate from an approved Holistic Association listed in Toronto Municipal Code TMC Chapter 545.
The membership certificate must include:
- the name and membership number (if applicable) of the applicant
- the holistic modality or modalities practiced by the applicant
- that the applicant is a member in good standing of the association as of the application date
Your licence will expire annually on the anniversary of the date that the licence was first issued.
The renewal fee is $195.90.
A renewal notice, identifying any documents required to renew the licence, will be mailed to the address on file.
Payments received after the licence expiry date are subject to late fees in addition to the annual licence fee.
If you fail to renew your licence within 90 days of the specified renewal date, your licence will be cancelled and you will have to reapply.