You may file an application to the City Treasurer to request a cancellation or reduction of your property taxes.

Cancellation, Reduction or Refund of Taxes

If your property has undergone changes during the year such as a change in property class, property damaged by fire, demolition or otherwise, or a building undergoing repairs or renovations, you may be eligible for a cancellation, reduction or refund of your property taxes.

Sickness or Extreme Poverty

The City offers tax assistance for homeowners who are unable to pay property taxes because of sickness or extreme poverty.

Taxes Overcharged in Error

The City offers tax assistance if a taxpayer was overcharged taxes for up to two years prior to the current year, due to a gross or manifest error that is clerical or factual in nature, but not an error in judgment in assessing the property.

There are rebates available for commercial/industrial properties for applicants that qualify for one of our tax relief programs:

You may qualify for the Property Tax and Water Relief Program if you are a low-income senior or a low-income person living with a disability.

Tax and Water Relief applicants can only submit applications for their principal residence. In order to verify, the City requires that applicants provide an un-altered copy of their Notice of Assessment (NOA) to establish eligibility for the City’s Tax and Water Relief Programs.

Protecting your personal information is very important to us. We will protect your personal information from unauthorized collection and use.