StART Concrete Barrier Art Program
Protecting your privacy is top priority for the City of Toronto. You are seeing this alert because your web browser needs to be updated to access content on toronto.ca. You will need to download and install a more recent version of your web browser to use our website.
Deadline: Monday April 9, 2018 at 11:59pm
The City of Toronto is considering a range of options to enhance Toronto streets and trails, including the installation of concrete “jersey” barriers in key areas to help ensure pedestrian, cyclist and TTC passenger safety.
To beautify these concrete barriers, and animate the paths, the City of Toronto is seeking submissions from both visual artists, and digital and graphic artists, to become part of a roster of artists to create designs to be hand painted by the visual artist on individual concrete barriers, or, digitally reproduced on two-dimensional vinyl wraps for installation on the barriers.
- Applicants must reside in the City of Toronto.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old.
- Emerging visual, photographic, digital and graphic artists are also encouraged to apply.
- Experience in and/or an openness to community engaged visual arts practice preferred.
- City of Toronto employees are not eligible to apply.
Finished works will be on functioning City of Toronto equipment that will need repair or replacing at some point in time. The City therefore cannot guarantee the duration of use of each concrete barrier.