Allen Road is a vital transit arterial road that runs from Eglinton Avenue West to the northern portion of Dufferin Street and provides primary north-south access to the City.
History & Facts
- Allen Road is one of the shortest expressways in Toronto at 7.5 kilometres in length and is also a major arterial road in Toronto
- Allen Road runs from Eglinton Avenue West to the northern portion of Dufferin Street
- Allen Road is the primary route to the City’s largest shopping mall, Yorkdale Mall
- A section of the Yonge-University subway line is located within its median, from Eglinton Avenue to north of Wilson Avenue
- Allen Road was the first municipal expressway in Toronto to use high pressure sodium lights
- Allen Road is named after the late Metro Toronto Chairman William R. Allen
- During weekday peak periods, approximately 80,000 vehicles travel on Allen Road.