Bicycle Safety Campaign
The development of bicycle safety educational materials is a critical component to ensuring that both drivers and cyclists understand how to use and interact with different types of infrastructure in a safe manner.
This bicycle safety campaign aims to help educate both drivers and cyclists on how to properly use bike boxes, shared lanes and how to make right turns across bike lanes.
Bike Box: Get Behind it
- On a red light:
• Cars stop behind the white line
• Bicycles stop in the green box
- When light turns green:
• Bicycles go first
• Right-turning cars, check for bicycles before turning
Right Turn: Check It.
- Cars and bicycles, be aware of each other at intersections.
- Right-turning cars, when the line is solid, yield to bicycles and pedestrians and turn when safe.