Please Slow Down Lawn Sign Campaign
You can help remind the public to slow down and to be aware by displaying “Please Slow Down” lawn signs in your neighbourhood between April 1st and November 30th. The safety of all road users is a priority, and these signs are a way of making motorist aware of their speed as they travel in residential areas. You can pick up signs at your local Councillor’s office.
2019 Please Slow Down Signs
No, the Toronto Police Service will not enforce the sign; however, enforcement of the posted speed limit is feasible.
- On public property (between the curb or the edge of the roadway and the property line).
- 0.6 metres (2 feet) from the curb.
- Inserted into the ground using the wire frame only.
- Where it will not obstruct sight lines for pedestrians, cyclists or drivers.
- As supplied and without further illumination or the use of reflective tape.
Where can the sign not be placed?
- Anywhere that obstructs a sidewalk.
- Within 3 metres of a fire hydrant.
- On a roadway median or island.
- By an expressway or an expressway ramp.
- In a drainage ditch.
- Anywhere that blocks access to, or operation of, culverts, bridges and overpasses.
- On a building, structure, post, pole, tree or bush.
Generally one per house, two if they will be used on a corner lot.