Stay Alert/Stay Safe Campaign
The City encourages pedestrians, drivers and cyclists to be more aware of others as they travel on our streets. This is especially important during the fall and winter seasons with reduced daylight hours. Statistics show that, at that time of the year, there is an increase in collisions involving pedestrians.
- Yield to pedestrians in crosswalks.
- Do not talk on the phone or text while driving.
- Pedestrians in dark clothing become more difficult to see this time of year.
- Be extra cautious in the evening and during wet weather conditions.
- Cross the street at traffic signals, intersections and crosswalks.
- Look both ways and wait for vehicles to stop before crossing.
- Remain aware of traffic until you finish crossing.
- If you are wearing dark clothes, be aware that drivers will have a harder time seeing you.
- If brighter clothing is an option, please consider.
- Do not talk on the phone or text while crossing.