Applications for 2023 are closed.
Nathan Phillips Square (NPS) is located in front of Toronto City Hall. As it is a unique heritage site and major transit hub, the City of Toronto has established guidelines to ensure the safety of the general public and maintain the stature and historic integrity of the square.
For advice and guidance on planning your special event at Nathan Phillips Square and your responsibilities as an event organizer, please contact Shalini Srivastava at Shalini.Srivastava@toronto.ca
Nathan Phillips Square is an event space and event permits are issued for cultural events only.
Permits are not issued for;
- Commercial events.
- Sampling activations.
- Demonstrations, protests, vigils and marches.
Applicants requesting permission to use Nathan Phillips Square to hold an event are required to meet all of the following criteria to have their application considered:
- Be a registered non-profit or charitable organization.
- Provide a service or benefit to residents of the city of Toronto.
- Have the event open to the general public and free of charge.
- Meet the requirements of the City of Toronto’s Human Rights and Anti-Harassment/Discrimination Policy, Hate Activity Policy, Save and Hold Harmless Clause, and Consent to Release Personal Information.
Request a Date
Please note that Nathan Phillips Square calendar opens in October only for the following year.
Date requests are subject to review and space availability given the number of requests we receive annually.
We cannot guarantee dates for every request.
As a unique heritage building and major transit hub, guidelines have been put in place to ensure the safety of the general public and maintain the stature and historic integrity of the square.
Event Manual contains an overview of the above steps and guidelines/regulations applicants need to consider when planning an event.