Booking Nathan Phillips Square
Protecting your privacy is top priority for the City of Toronto. You are seeing this alert because your web browser needs to be updated to access content on toronto.ca. You will need to download and install a more recent version of your web browser to use our website.
For additional advice and guidance on planning your special event at Nathan Phillips Square and your responsibilities as the event organizer, we encourage you to contact:
Shalini Srivastava, Supervisor Event Support, Film and Entertainment Industries: 416-395-1304 or email
Due to the number of demands for the use of Nathan Phillips Square, no organization is permitted more than three (3) events per year.
Applicants requesting permission to use Nathan Phillips Square to hold an event are required to meet all of the following criteria to have their application considered:
- Be a registered non-profit or charitable organization.
- Provide a service or benefit to residents of the City of Toronto.
- Have the event open to the general public and free of charge.
- Meet the requirements of the Non-Discrimination Policy, Save and Hold Harmless Clause and Consent to Release Personal Information.
Provided you meet the eligibility criteria, commencing on October 1st in the year prior to your event, send an email stating:
- Date and time of your event
- Name of non-profit or charitable organization
- Name and description of the event
Send the above information to BookingNPS@toronto.ca.
Once your request is reviewed and if the date requested is available, a “hold” will be placed on the date you requested.
If the requested date is unavailable, an alternative date will be offered based on availability.
Once the “hold” has been placed, the Event Support Supervisor will follow-up with the applicant to request the submission of a a completed application.
The next step is to submit a Special Events Application based on the timelines below.
Please note, applications must be received at least 12 weeks prior to the requested date.
Once your application is approved, a ‘conditional approval’ will be granted and you can begin planning your event and working with the Event Support Supervisor to coordinate your event production schedule.
Tentative booking of a specific date does not guarantee permission to hold your event. Your event is confirmed only when you receive a Permit from City of Toronto, which can only be issued after all information is received by the Event Support Supervisor.
If for any reason you need to cancel your event, a written notice of cancellation must be sent to the Event Support Supervisor no later than 14 business days before your scheduled event.
Note: The permit is for the use of Nathan Phillips Square only. The use of assembly area, greenrooms, and dressing rooms located under the stage can be booked upon request.
- Nathan Phillips Square Event Application Handbook
- Contains an overview of the above steps and guidelines/regulations applicants need to consider when planning an event.
- Event Application Form
- Declaration of Adoption of a Non-Discrimination Policy (Mandatory)
- Save and Hold Harmless Clause (Mandatory)
- Consent to Release Personal Information for Publicity or Emergency Purposes (Mandatory)