Is this an emergency leak or pipe burst? Learn what to do.


Property owners can request to turn the City’s water supply on or off for the following reasons:

  • To complete repairs or renovate a home or building.
  • To conduct work on a sprinkler system.
  • If they are going on an extended vacation.

The City will not turn off the water for landlord or tenant disputes.

Note: Water meters are property of the City of Toronto and should only be removed by City staff. See how to request meter removal in advance of construction or demolition.