for child care fee subsidy
- To apply for child care fee subsidy, complete an application online or call 311. We
suggest that you apply early as there is a waiting list for subsidy.
regarding your subsidy
- If you are receiving subsidy or if you are on the wait list for subsidy, your caseworker can help you with most of your questions. Each office has a supervisor who would be happy to provide additional assistance if needed. If you do not know who your caseworker is, please call 416-392-5437.
How are we doing?
Tell us what you think. Toronto Children's Services is committed to customer service and we want to do our absolute best to ensure we maintain the highest possible standards.
- If you would like to share your experience with us or any ideas for improvements.
- If you are not satisfied with the service you received from Children’s Services.
Contact us at 416-397-1262, email firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the Complaint Tracking Form and send it to us by fax, e-mail or drop it off at any Children's Services District Office.
Appeals, concerns or complaints
- The Toronto Children's Services Client Liaison Consultant can help with:
- Resolving your concerns
- Addressing child care complaints
- Appealing decisions about eligibility for fee subsidy
- Contact the Client Liaison Consultant at 416-397-1262
- If your caseworker or the supervisor is unable to help you with your subsidy concerns or complaints, or you want to appeal a decision about your eligibility, you may contact the Children's Services Client Liaison Consultant, who can assist you in finding the child care answers you need. The Client Liaison Consultant manages the Children's Services appeal process, addresses administrative fairness and provides support to clients within the divisional policy and procedures.
- An applicant will have the right to appeal policy, procedure or a decision related to their eligibility for child care fee subsidy.
The option of appealing should be discussed first with a caseworker.
A client who is appealing must submit a letter of appeal, addressed to the Appeal Committee to the District Office, with supporting documentation, if appropriate.
- The Client Liaison Consultant will prepare your appeal and forward it to the Appeal Committee on your behalf.
- You will be contacted by the District Office and advised of the final Appeal Committee decision. In addition, you will receive a letter confirming the decision.
- If you have concerns or complaints related directly to your child care provider, please call a Children's Services Consultant at 416-397-7359.
Suspected subsidy fraud
- If you want to report suspected misuse of the child care fee subsidy program, please contact 416-392-5437. Your phone call is confidential and anonymous. The information you provide will be investigated. This line does not subscribe to call display and no attempt will be made to trace your call or to determine your identity.
child abuse or neglect
Children's Services Division is not a Children's Aid Society. If you suspect a child
is, or may be in need of protection, you must contact one of the
following Children's Aid Societies that serve Toronto:
- Children's Aid Society of Toronto 416-924-4646
- Catholic Children's Aid Society 416-395-1500
- Jewish Child and Family Service 416-638-7800
- Native Child and Family Services of Toronto 416-969-8510
If you are interested in employment opportunities with Children's Services Division, please go to Careers in the Toronto Public Service. This link will provide you with information on:
- current job postings
- how to apply
- where to send your resume
- answers to commonly asked questions
If you require further information on City of Toronto programs or services call 3-1-1, or email email@example.com
24 hours a day, 7 days