||Requesting a Designate Mailer
If you own a property, you have the opportunity to have Utility Bills mailed to a designate. This person could be a tenant, son or daughter, lawyer or accountant.
To do this, you must agree to the terms and conditions in the Municipal Code, Chapter 849 Water and Sewage Services and Utility Bill, section 849-27D.
A $16 administrative fee will be applied to every Utility Bill mailed to a designate. You will receive a copy of the Utility Bill. The City of Toronto reserves the right to cancel this Utility Bill Designate Mailing Request for any reason and at any time.
You must also enrol for this service.
Important Information- Please Read Carefully
As of July 1, 2008, the City of Toronto Municipal Code, Chapter 849, Water and Sewage Services and Utility Bill authorizes the following:
- Property owners remain responsible for the full payment of all water and sewer charges and solid waste fees if a designate is receiving the Utility Bill.
- Failure to pay a Utility Bill by the due date will result in the loss of the water discount and possibly other late payment charges and fees associated with collection efforts.
- Property owners are responsible for keeping the City informed of any changes to a designate (i.e. new tenant). A new Utility Bill Designate Mailing Request form must be completed when a designate changes.
- The person designated to receive Utility Bills and notices is also appointed by the property owners as his/her agent with respect to granting the City access to the property for purpose relating to the provisions of water and sewer and solid waste management services.
- If a Utility Bill is not paid on time, the City of Toronto reserves the right to transfer the unpaid balance to the property owner's property tax account for collection, including any fees related to the transfer of the unpaid Utility Bill to the tax account.
- If an unpaid Utility Bill is transferred to the property tax account for collection, the Utility Bill Designate Mailing Request will be cancelled.
How to Enrol?
If you are interested in designating another person to receive your Utility Bill, please complete this form.
The City will only accept the above form and will not accept any other forms of consent (written or otherwise) from either the property
owner(s) or the individual designated to receive the Utility Bill.
You can submit your form to the City by:
City of Toronto
PO Box 4500, STN A
Sending personal information by fax is not a secure means of transmission.
At all Enquiry/Cashier Counters at City Hall and Civic Centres
For further information contact us.