Doors Open Toronto
Protecting your privacy is top priority for the City of Toronto. You are seeing this alert because your web browser needs to be updated to access content on toronto.ca. You will need to download and install a more recent version of your web browser to use our website.
Dates: May 26 & 27, 2018
Time: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Doors Open is a free event that invites the public to explore and discover Toronto’s buildings of architectural, historic and cultural significance. During the last weekend of May, visitors can participate in walking tours, special activities, and explore more than 150 properties that are either not usually open to the public, or would normally charge an entrance fee.
Audience Appeal: Culturally diverse audience
Demographic: 25-44 years old / 80% local, 20% GTA
Attendance: Over 200,000 visits
- Print collateral
- Local advertising (online, outdoor, print and broadcast)
- An event website,
- Social media campaign
- Comprehensive media relations strategy
- Overall gross impressions: 300 million
- Markets: Toronto & GTA
- Event website page views: over 1 million
Doors Open offers an array of opportunities to enhance your business objectives, including:
- Consumer Engagement
- Brand Awareness
- Product sampling
Associate your company/client to one or more of the following opportunities:
- A series of 10 guided walking tours that delve into the history and stories of Toronto’s infrastructure, buildings and neighbourhoods
- Tours will showcase subject areas surrounding various themes including film
- Curated by City of Toronto Programming Unit to support the 2018 theme of film
- Series will consist of two talks, one of which will focus on the theme of architecture and film
City Hall Hub
- Tours of City Hall including Council Chambers, Mayor’s Office, and the 27th floor Observation Deck
- Interactive family activities
“Great Gulf is excited to return as presenting sponsor of Doors Open Toronto celebrating architecture, heritage and design. Focused on the intersection of great design and art to enrich the human experience, we share this passion with Doors Open through our commitment to create the best architecturally designed buildings.”Christopher Wein, President of Great Gulf
Carpenters Local 27 has been building Toronto since 1882. Not only do we build our cities but we build better lives, and stronger families for our members and the broader community.” “We are exceptionally proud of our built legacy and returning as a Doors Open 2018 sponsor is a way to share this legacy with the city.
Mike Yorke, President of Carpenters and Allied Trades Local 27