A Step Forward in Time: Official Opening
There was a proud sense of occasion on September 13, 1965 when the new building was opened formally by His Excellency General George P. Vanier in the presence of the Prime Minister, the Right Honourable Lester B. Pearson; the Premier of Ontario, the Honourable John Robarts; and 14,000 dignitaries, invited guests and other onlookers.
Pages from City Hall opening program
City of Toronto Archives
Series 1232, File 381