Grants – Complaints
Protecting your privacy is top priority for the City of Toronto. You are seeing this alert because your web browser needs to be updated to access content on toronto.ca. You will need to download and install a more recent version of your web browser to use our website.
How to Make a Complaint
When making a complaint, please include the following information:
- Complainant name
- Complainant contact information (address, email or phone)
- The name of the program or service about which the complaint is being made
- Details of the complaint
- Any actions the complainant wishes the specific division to take
Please refer to the list below to determine which division administers the funding program
- City Planning – Toronto Heritage Grant Program
- Social Development, Finance and Administration (SDFA) funding programs:
- Access, Equity and Human Rights
- Community Festivals and Special Events
- Community Recreation
- Community Safety Investment
- Community Service Partnerships
- Identify ‘N Impact (youth-led funding)
- Service Development Investment Program
- Economic Development and Culture (EDC) funding programs:
- Local Arts Service Organizations
- Major Cultural Organizations
- Toronto Public Health – Student Nutrition Program
- Shelter, Support & Housing – Homeless Initiatives Fund
- Toronto Arts Council
- Toronto Atmospheric Fund (TAF)
Receipt of Complaint & Timelines
Complaints will be handled according to the timelines of the responsible division. All complaints are documented and addressed as quickly as possible.
Collection & Understanding of Complaint Information
There will be a written record made of all complaints through the complaint policy and procedures of the City Division responsible for the funding program.
The information gathered will include:
- Name of the complainant
- Date and details of the complaint
- Communication with the complainant, City staff and other parties
The initial information will be taken and recorded by the division’s Complaint Contact as identified in the chart above. As the resolution of the complaint occurs, additional information will be added to the record.
Your complaint will be handled in a confidential manner. However, when the complaint is investigated, you may be directly identified as a result of the investigation.