Toronto Paramedic Services – Complaints & Compliments
Protecting your privacy is top priority for the City of Toronto. You are seeing this alert because your web browser needs to be updated to access content on toronto.ca. You will need to download and install a more recent version of your web browser to use our website.
Toronto Paramedic Services is proud of the quality of our patient care and the services we provide. In order to achieve and enforce the highest standards possible, we employ a Professional Standards Unit. This unit allows our customers and allied agencies to contact us directly about the delivery of ambulance service. This is facilitated, in part, by our Health and Legislative Records Unit which gathers and stores health care records generated daily by Toronto Paramedic Services paramedics and dispatchers, as mandated by the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care.
The Professional Standards Unit responds to customer complaints and inquiries in a timely manner ensuring a thorough review of all cases and overseeing the resolution process to the satisfaction of the customer, wherever possible. Each year, we process an estimated 300 complaints; less than half result in substantiated concerns.
Our document retrieval service responds yearly to approximately 2,500 requests for information completed by our paramedics and dispatchers. In addition, we release an average of 700 Ambulance Call Reports and Dispatch Forms, with appropriate patient authorization, to members of the public seeking this documentation.
Take our survey
If you have recently received services from us, please take our Customer Satisfaction Survey.
To provide us with comments specific to your incident, please contact us using one of the options below.
How to give us a compliment, provide feedback, make an inquiry and/or lodge a complaint:
We want to ensure that everyone who receives service from Toronto Paramedic Services has an opportunity to provide feedback. This will help us to monitor our performance, to know how well we are doing and to take any necessary steps to improve our customer service and patient experience.
The easiest way to leave feedback is to fill out the appropriate online form. Click one of the following buttons:
Here are some other ways to let us know how you feel:
- You can provide feedback directly to the provider (dispatcher or paramedic) at the time service is provided.
- You can call the Professional Standards Unit at (416) 392-2222, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you are calling outside of business hours, or if no one can personally take your call, please leave a message. A superintendent from the Professional Standards Unit will call you within 48 hours during our business hours (7:00 am to 4:00 pm).
- You can send a fax to the Professional Standards Unit at (416) 392-2039.
- You can submit your compliment, feedback, inquiry or complaint by mail to:
Toronto Paramedic Services
Professional Standards Unit
4330 Dufferin Street
Toronto, ON M3H 5R9
- You can provide feedback in person, Monday to Friday from 7:00 am to 3:00 pm at the above location.
- You may also download and complete the PDF form below and mail it to the Professional Standards Unit at the address on the form.
Professional Standards Form
Information we need:
If you are making a compliment, providing feedback, making an inquiry or lodging a complaint, please ensure to provide the information listed below:
- Your name
- Your address
- Your telephone number
- Location of the ambulance call or incident
- Approximate time of service
- Details of the incident
If we determine that your issue is not within the jurisdiction of Toronto Paramedic Services, your concern will be immediately forwarded to the appropriate division, whenever possible. You will be notified to whom your issue was redirected.
If you are not satisfied
If you are not satisfied with how your issue was handled you may:
- Let the individual handling your issue know that you are not satisfied and they will review the matter further, or
- Contact the Commander, Professional Standards, to discuss the matter at (416) 392-2222 during normal business hours, or
- Contact the Emergency Health Services Branch, Ministry of Health and Long Term Care, by phone at 1 (800) 461-6431 (toll free in Ontario only) or in writing to
5700 Yonge Street, 6th Floor,
Toronto, ON M2M 4K5,
Toronto Paramedic Services collects your personal information under authority of the City of Toronto Act, 2006, s. 136(c) and the City of Toronto Municipal Code, Chapter 169, Article I, ss. 169-1, 169-2, and 169-4. The information you provide will be used to review, investigate and respond to concerns you have identified. Questions about this collection can be directed to the Commander, Professional Standards Unit at Toronto Paramedic Services, 4330 Dufferin Street, Toronto, ON M3H 5R9 or by telephone at 416-392-2222.