Fill out the claim submission form to file a new claim against the City.
If you suffered damages as a result of City infrastructure, please contact 311 immediately to allow the City to investigate as it plays an important part in the claims investigation process.

If you believe that the City has been negligent in its maintenance of City facilities, roads, trees and sewers, which has caused bodily injury or damage to your property, you can submit a claim to the City of Toronto.

The Limitations Act generally requires you to initiate a legal action within two years from the date of the incident. Contact your lawyer for further information.

It’s important to know that the City of Toronto is not your insurer. If you have auto or property insurance, please consult with your insurance company or broker first for advice on how to deal with your loss. Your insurance coverage may be more extensive than what you can recover from the City.

For certain types of claims, you are required to submit notice of your claim within 10 days of the date of the incident. See the City of Toronto Act 2006 section 42(6).

For more information, please visit How to File a Claim. For more about the claims process in general, please visit Make a Claim Against the City.

Update an Existing Claim

Fill out the form below to provide additional information on an existing claim or to request a claim status update.

Update an Existing Claim