Ward 7 – Humber River-Black Creek
A road classification system designates streets into different groups or classes according to the type of service each group is intended to provide. This is a fundamental tool for urban development and road management. Grouping roads with similar functions can improve transportation planning, road infrastructure design, maintenance, traffic and road operations.
Every street owned by the City of Toronto has been given one of five classifications (with the exception of public laneways).
Ward 7 Map
Aura Lea Boulevard and Strathburn Boulevard Watermain Replacement
Barmac Drive Road Resurfacing, Sidewalk and Curb Repairs
Basement Flooding Protection Program – Black Creek Sanitary and Storm Sewer Upgrade and Watermain Replacement
Basement Flooding Protection Program – Blacksmith Crescent and Other Local Roads Storm Sewer Replacements
- Pre-Construction Notice (Dated: February 10, 2017)
- Construction Notice (Dated: May 9, 2017)
- Construction Update #1 (Dated: October 15, 2018)
Basement Flooding Protection Program – Jane Street, Sheppard Avenue West and Other Local Roads Sanitary, Storm Sewer Upgrades and Watermain Replacements
- Pre-Construction Notice (Dated: May 16, 2018)
- Construction Notice (Dated: November 16, 2018)
- Aviso de Construcción (Fechado: 16 de Noviembre de 2018)
- Avviso di Costruzione (Datato: 16 Novembre 2018)
- Thông Báo Thi Công (Ngày: 16 Tháng 11 Năm 2018)
- Public Meeting Presentation (Dated: January 24, 2019)
- Lead in Drinking Water Fact Sheet
Basement Flooding Protection Program – Jane Street, Shoreham Drive and Other Local Roads Sanitary and Storm Sewer Upgrades
- Construction Notice (Dated: February 25, 2019)
- Aviso de Construcción (Fechado: 25 de Febrero de 2019.)
- Avviso di Costruzione (Datato: 25 Febbraio 2019)
- Thông Báo Thi Công (Ngày: 25 Tháng 2 Năm 2019)
- Construction Impact Notice (Dated: February 25, 2019)
Bloomington Crescent and Hullmar Drive Watermain Replacement
Derrydown Road Watermain Replacement
Dufferin Street (from Finch Avenue West to Steeles Avenue West) Watermain Replacement
Steeles Avenue West and Irondale Drive (from Rossdean Drive to west of Fenmar Drive) Watermain Cleaning and Relining
Various Watermain Flow Meter Chamber Upgrades Across the City
- Construction Notice (Dated: November 30, 2017)
The City of Toronto ensures that tenants live in safe, well-maintained buildings through RentSafeTO, a bylaw enforcement program. Building owners must comply with the bylaws within the program or face financial penalties.
The information in this report states the results from scheduled apartment building audits conducted by Municipal Licensing & Standards bylaw officers.