Meetings & Events: Casa Loma HCD Study
Community meetings and advisory group meetings are held over the course of the Heritage Conservation District Study in order to provide information on the study, receive input from the local community and engage residents and stakeholders in the heritage planning process. Meetings will be posted below as they are scheduled. Meeting summaries and information presented at these meetings are publicly available and can be found on this page, or can be requested from Alex Corey, Heritage Planner, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The City Planning Division hosted a community meeting (open house) on June 21st at St. Michael’s College School to present the consultant’s draft recommendations to proceed with the designation of Hilton Avenue and Wells Hill Avenue as Heritage Conservation Districts (HCDs) and to develop HCD Plans to manage change in the areas. Links to download the comment form and display boards presented at the meeting are below.
On April 5, 2018, City Planning staff and the consultant team, led by EVOQ Architecture, met with the Casa Loma Community Advisory Group to present the consultant’s recommendations and to solicit feedback and discussion. The meeting was facilitated by LURA Consulting, and a representative from Councillor Mihevc’s office was in attendance. A summary of the meeting is available for download.
On April 5, 2018, City Planning staff and the consultant team, led by EVOQ Architecture, met with the Casa Loma Community Advisory Group to present the consultant’s preliminary findings and to solicit feedback and discussion. The meeting was facilitated by LURA Consulting, with opening remarks from Councillor Mihevc. A summary of the meeting is available for download.
The City of Toronto held the first Community Advisory Group meeting for the Casa Loma HCD Study at Spadina House on January 11, 2018.
The purpose of this meeting was to:
- Review and adopt the CAG Terms of Reference
- Learn about the Casa Loma Heritage Conservation District Study process
- Present work completed to date
- Guided discussion on neighbourhood character and defining features
The City of Toronto held the first Open House for the Casa Loma HCD Study at the City of Toronto Archives on September 28, 2017.
The purpose of the event was to:
- Introduce the Casa Loma HCD Study;
- Present background material and a preliminary understanding of the area;
- Answer community member questions about the HCD Study process;
- Obtain community input on current conditions and historical areas of interest in the study area; and
- Highlight next steps in the study process.