How to Participate
- Sign up online.
- Complete one or more of the classroom activities.
- Submit the students’ work.
- Receive updates on how the students’ ideas are used!
The students’ ideas and opinions will be showcased in a public display at City Hall for National Child Day on November 19 and 20, 2018 and summarized in a report for City Councillors in Spring 2019.
The Child-Friendly TO Classroom Participation: Teacher’s Package provides an overview of the project, the classroom activities and options for submitting the students’ work.
Submitting Student Ideas
- November 13, 2018 for inclusion in the City Hall display and in the report to Council
- December 14, 2018 for inclusion in the report to Council only
Children are important residents of Toronto with unique ideas and perspectives of their neighbourhood and their city. This classroom participation initiative is part of a new project called Child-Friendly TO. At the heart of this project is the goal to involve children when the City plans and makes decisions about Toronto. Child-Friendly TO is a partnership initiative of Toronto Public Health and Toronto Children’s Services.