List of All Neighbourhood Planning Tables
Goals of the Neighbourhood Planning Tables
Through Neighbourhood Planning Tables, the City will work with you to:
- make sure City services and facilities are well integrated and address priorities identified by neighbourhood residents
- support partnerships with residents and community organizations to deliver services
- work with funders and businesses to bring new investments in services and facilities to the neighbourhood
Neighbourhood Action Plans
To achieve these goals, the Neighbourhood Planning Table creates an Action Plan.
A Neighbourhood Action Plan reflects each of the 31 Neighbourhood Improvement Areas’s (NIA) priority issues identified by residents and other stakeholders. Residents, local agencies, and other stakeholders provide input to ensure actions are prioritized according to the need of the community, and to identify the resources that are needed to complete the actions.
Action Plans are tracked and updated regularly to address changing needs.
Roles Within Each Neighbourhood Planning Table
- Residents: participate in priority-setting, planning and taking local action for neighbourhood change
- Community Development Officer: support the planning and implementation of Toronto Strong Neighbourhoods Strategy 2020 (TSNS 2020) priority actions related to economic opportunities, healthy lives, physical surroundings, participation in civic decision making and social development
- Community Agencies: support TSNS 2020 by helping to activate people, resources, and neighbourhood friendly policies
- City Divisions: connect residents to services and facilities that address local priorities